- Families who need to register a new student into Arlington Public Schools or for families who are returning to Arlington Public Schools:
Change of Address
Families that have recently relocated to another address in Arlington. You are now able to change your address by submitting your proof of Arlington residency documents online. Please fill out your new information here.
If you are withdrawing your student(s) from Dorothy Hamm Middle School, please fill out the summer withdrawal form.
In person registrations are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at Dorothy Hamm. These meetings are by appointment only. Please contact the Main Office 703-228-2910.
For students new or re-entering into Arlington Public Schools you will need the documents listed below. If all required documents are not provided at the time of registration, your child’s entrance into school will be delayed.
- Student Registration Form: English | Spanish
- Proof of residency: deed, deed of trust or mortgage agreement showing that the parent/guardian owns a home and resides in Arlington County (mortgage statements are not accepted as proof of residency) A & B Forms Information
- Proof of the child’s age and legal name: a birth certificate or, if the parent/guardian cannot provide a birth certificate, an Affidavit must be completed.
- Immunization Records: tuberculosis screening done within the 12 months prior to starting school & a Tdap booster for rising 7th graders (See Health Requirements).
- Official school records from another school system or country or fill out RELEASE OF INFORMATION FORM to give to our school registrar when you come to register.
If your student is an APS student, they do not need to register for the upcoming year. They are already registered within the system, and their files will be transferred over to Dorothy Hamm.
If you are moving within Arlington County, a parent or guardian should contact the Main Office at 703-228-2910 for school records to be properly transferred.