Resources for Families
- What is Social-Emotional Learning?
- Virginia DOE Social-Emotional Learning Standards
- CASEL Fundamentals of SEL
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning, (CASEL) has developed a research-backed framework for SEL services in the school environment. Their CASEL framework, in conjunction with our DHMS R.I.S.E. framework, serves as a foundation for how teachers and counselors implement social-emotional learning. Click the link to learn more!
- Mental & Behavioral Health Kit for Parents/Families
- Newport Academy Teen Mental Health Information & Resources
Resources for Students
- Virtual Calm Down Activities
- GoNoodle SEL Videos & Activities
- Mindful Breathing Activities for Kids & Teens
- How to Handle Bullying Interactive Worksheet
- NHS Recommended Mental Health Apps