Ensure that the APS iPad is in good working order.
- Update the iOS – this will take 20-40 minutes
Note: You need at least 50% battery to update or be plugged in to a power source and you need enough space to update the iOS. If you do not you will get an error message. Please delete any photos or videos that are not needed for school.
- Open the Settings app
- Click on “General” on the left then “Software Update” on the right.
- If possible update the iOS on your iPad. Click “Download and Install.” If it says “Your iPad is running the latest software update……” you do not need to update.
- Click here for more detailed directions to update the iOS.
- Be sure the APS iPad can connect to WiFi at home. (See directions here)
- Be sure the Canvas app is loaded on the iPad. (Please be aware that students can also go to myaccess.apsva.us in a browser on any device to login to Canvas.)
- Be sure the Microsoft Teams app is loaded on the iPad.
- Students should write down their logins and passwords in a safe place.
- To access Canvas and Google Drive students use their student ID number and their network password.
- Students should write down any other passcodes shared with them by teachers for instructional purposes.
- Also students should write down their iPad lock screen passcode for their iPad in case they forget!