If the keyboard is not responding or the iPad is not charging, please try the following things to get the keyboard going again:
1. Power off the iPad completely (hold down the on/off button and slide to power off). Wait a few minutes then power back on.
2. Be sure the iPad is fully charged
3. Ensure your iOS/iPad OS is up-to-date
- Plug your iPad into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- If not up to date already, tap Download and then Install and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. After you’ve updated your iOS version, you’ll need to check to see if your iPad is connected to the Rugged Case.
- Tap Settings > General
- Under General, go to the About section.
- NOTE: Your Rugged Case is connected if it appears in the device list – scroll down and look for “Rugged Combo. “
- Select Rugged Combo to check the Firmware version. If it says Update then tap Update
5. Remove the iPad from the keyboard case. Then put the iPad back in the case. Sometimes this act of removing and installing the case will establish a connection again. Here is a YouTube video on how to do this (it will not play on your school iPad – only a personal device)