April 16, 2021
Good afternoon, Phoenix Families,
I hope everyone has had a great week. It has been great to see so many of our students in person or online. Virtual class observations are such fun; sometimes I join in the lesson, but most times I just have the pleasure of watching our teachers and students engage in the magic of learning together. A couple of big items to make sure you know about:
- School Pictures – We will be doing School Pictures this Spring. Students will take pictures through their PE Classes on the days they are in school. Fully virtual students can make appointments to have their picture taken on May 3 between 7-Noon. The link to do this, and order photos, will be available next week. For your planning:
- May 3 – Virtual Students (appointments)
- May 5 – T/W Hybrid Students
- May 6 – Th/F Hybrid Students
- SOL Tests – begin on May 10 and will run through June 14
- Tests will start at 8:00 on Testing Days.
- Students who are virtual will test on Mondays in the building. All other students will test on days they are in the building.
- On testing days, students learning from home will have Asynchronous work to do between 7:50 and 10:54.
- School Year 2021-2022 Instructional Model Choice
- The Superintendent has announced that APS will open schools for in-person learning 5 days/week next school year. APS will also have a Full-Time Distance Learning Program for students. In preparation for this Fall, Dr. Duran (and I) would like to know what your plans are for the Fall.
- Please look for information from APS to be emailed to you on Monday, April 19th. You will be asked to make an instructional choice for the 2021-2022 School Year.
- Parent Chat – Monday, April 19
- This week’s parent chat gives families the opportunity to meet with Crystal Moore, the DHMS Equity and Excellence Coordinator.
More communications will be forthcoming about all these topics. In the meantime, enjoy the spring weather; stay safe.
Ellen Smith, Principal, DHMS
- Saturday/Sunday April 24/25 and May 1/2 – DHMS PTSA Scavenger Hunt
- Monday, April 19 – Parent Chat (in English) – Meet our Equity and Excellence Coordinator
- Monday, April 26 – Parent Chat (in Spanish)
- Monday, May 3 – pictures for DL students
- Wednesday, May 5 – In Person Pictures for Tues/Wed
- Thursday, May 6 – In Person Pictures for Thus/Fri
- Monday, May 10 – SOL Testing Begins