Happy Friday DHMS!
- Library Books are due now. Ms. Shanker will be at Rocky Run Park on Monday, June 7 from 12 – 2 PM to collect any materials that students need to return. (Especially Library Books!)
- All Students will hold on to their iPads over the summer. Rising 9th graders will turn in their iPad at their high school and in exchange receive their MacBook Air. If your student is leaving APS permanently, please turn in the iPad, charger and cord, and case to the DHMS Main Office.
- Monday, June 7: Virtual 8th Graders – Math SOLs (test in person)
- Tuesday – Friday, June 8-11 – Make Up Testing
- Monday, June 14 – Virtual 8th Graders – Science SOL (test in person)
There is lots of helpful SOL information on the DHMS Website.
Two exciting events coming up:
Grade 8 Families – SAVE the DATE
What: Grade 8 Promotion Ceremony: Let’s celebrate the amazing accomplishments of this wonderful group of 8th graders!
Followed by: DHMS 8th Grade Driveway Celebration* between 10:00 and 11:30
*If transportation is a problem (and your student rides the bus) let Mr. Tuttle know – we can help.NOTE: After students participate in the Driveway Celebration, all 8th graders are dismissed. We encourage families to celebrate the successes and hard work of your DHMS student in your own way. 8th graders are welcome (but not required) to attend school on Friday, June 18. School ends at 11:54 on Friday, June 18.
DHMS Families – SAVE THE DATE:
Virtual Dedication of the Stratford Commemorative Trail and Panels
Other Upcoming Events:
- 6/8 – 7:00 PM – Spring Virtual Band Concert
- 6/10 – 7:00 – Spring Orchestra Concert, on the DHMS Plaza
- 6/11 – 4:00 – Virtual Unveiling Ceremony for the DHMS Historical Panels
- 6/17 – Grade 8 Promotion Ceremony
- 6/18 – Early Release Day – Last Day of School