DHMS Technology Quick Links
Middle School Technology Tutorials
APS Acceptable Use & Responsibility Agreement for Students and Families with Digital Learning Devices
Arlington Public Schools issues devices to students in grades 3-12 to help you learn. When you use your issued device, or access the APS network, you must follow School Board Policy I-220.127.116.11 Electronic Technologies Acceptable Use (AUP) We encourage you to read over these rules and guidelines with your family and discuss how you can be responsible when using your APS-owned device. Here are some important reminders from the AUP and APS Handbook. You can find more information here.
- You must follow Arlington Public Schools rules when using your device and the APS network.
- You must follow school rules and staff instructions when using your device and the network.
- If you come across inappropriate content or become aware of a security or hardware problem, immediately tell a teacher or administrator.
- You must follow copyright and fair-use laws.
- Do not audio-record, photograph, or video-record students or staff members on school property – including the school bus and school-sponsored activities – without their knowledge and permission.
- Only use the device issued to you.
- Follow your family’s values when using your device. Talk to your family about what is acceptable for access on your device.
- Your family should decide and monitor how and when your device is used at home.
- Don’t leave your device unattended.
- Don’t eat or drink near your device.
- Avoid leaving your device in a vehicle for long periods of time, and try to keep it out of plain sight.
- Your device is owned by Arlington Public Schools.
- Your family is financially responsible for any loss or damage to your issued device and its accessories, such as the charger, that are caused by intentional (on purpose) or negligent (careless) acts.