What is it? TAB is a lunchtime book club that is open to all students. School and public librarians chose over 30 newly published, buzz-worthy books which the Friends of the Arlington Public Library purchased for our library. These books are set aside to be read by TAB members. TAB usually meets twice a month with the DHMS librarian and a librarian from our local branch library. This year, our TAB librarian will be Pat Loverich, from Central Library.
Parents–want to know more about TAB? Read our parent letter here.
When will we meet? TAB will meet virtually every other Tuesday, starting on October 13, 2020. Students will attend during their grade-level lunch time.
- 11am-11:30am: 7th Grade
- 11:40am-12:10pm: 8th Grade
- 12:30pm to 1pm: 6th Grade
The meeting link is posted in the following Canvas courses: school counselors (Class of 202x), Library, TAB, and 2020-21 DHMS Student Information.
October 13 and 27
November 10 and 24
January 12 and 26
February 9 and 23
TAB will now meet on Mondays:
March 8 and 22
April 5 and 19
May 3 and 17
Here are some of the books we’ll be reading this year:
1. Guts by Raina Telgemeier
2. Best Friends by Shannon Hale and LeUyen Pham
3. Sunny Rolls the Dice by Jennifer Holm and Matthew Holm
4. Stargazing by Jennifer Wang
5. Pie in the Sky by Remy Lai
6. Free Lunch by Rex Ogle
7. My Life as an Ice Cream Sandwich by Ibi Zoboi
8. The Crossover (Graphic Novel) by Kwame Alexander and Dawud Anyabwile
9. Slay by Brittney Morris
10. The Okay Witch by Emma Steinkellner