Please follow the basic troubleshooting tips here:
- Turn the iPad completely off (slide to power off) and back on. Allow time for iPad to fully turn on and wait 5 minutes for GlobalProtect to connect.
- Update the iOS on the iPad. This will help with many issues. Directions can be found here.
- Is the iPad out of storage? Open the Settings app > tap on General on the left > iPad storage on the right. The iPad needs at least 4-6 GB of free space just to run apps like Teams. Follow these directions to delete any unnecessary photos and videos to clear up space.
- If you are having connectivity issues see these tips on our DHMS website.
- Often connectivity issues involve GlobalProtect, the APS filter.
- If the keyboard in the keyboard case is not responding see keyboard troubleshooting tips here.
- If after following these tips there are still issues please ask a teacher to submit a tech help request. The Instructional Technology Coordinator (ITC) will follow up with your student at school.
- Also note that if something should happen to the iPad, APS resources can be accessed from any device including a laptop, a personal iPad or cell phone. In any browser go to https://myaccess.apsva.us and log in using the student’s credentials.
- To access live classes through Microsoft Teams on a laptop use the Office365 button in MyAccess in a Google Chrome browser or use the Microsoft Teams application if installed on the laptop. To access Microsoft Teams on a mobile device the app would need to be installed.